Frequently Asked Questions
We do not have the means to do pick up and delivery. All equipment must be picked up and returned by the client or a designated person.
Yes, we accept financial donations. We have donation envelopes we can send you or you may mail in a donation. Make checks payable to Lending Hands of Michigan, Inc. You will be provided a receipt for your donation.
All donations are deductible within the limits of the law. Lending Hands is a 501-c-3 tax-exempt non-profit organization. Memorials and matching gifts accepted.
Yes, if requested, we will provide you with a receipt for the equipment you donate. We do not provide an estimate of the dollar value. You must determine the dollar value with the person who does your tax return. All donations are deductible within the limits of the law.
Please give us a call if you wish to volunteer with Lending Hands at (269) 567-4381 or complete the application online. The Executive Director will contact you within 24 hours of receipt of your application. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not take court appointed community service.
We assist people with equipment who live in Allegan, Calhoun, Cass, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph and Van Buren counties in southwest Michigan. We do not provide equipment for those living outside our 6 county service area. For loan programs outside our service area (for the rest of Michigan, Northern Indiana and Wisconsin), go to loanclosets.org.
Take Care of The Equipment! While you are borrowing equipment from Lending hands, please take care of the equipment. Following are some hints:
- All bath seats should be dried off after each use. Once a week clean with bleach type cleaner.
- Wheelchair seats and backs should be cleaned once a week with bleach type cleaner. The same for foot rests.
- Toilet seats, Hi-Rise with or without handles and commodes should be cleaned every other day with bleach type cleaner.
- Do not put commodes in showers or bath tubs to use as a bath seat. This causes rusting on the legs and handles.
- Walkers, 2-wheeled and 4-wheeled with seat, should be cleaned once a week with bleach type cleaner. Be sure wheels are free of animal hair.
- Do not store equipment outside. Keep equipment under cover and in a dry location.
- If you experience a problem with your equipment, immediately call Lending Hands at (269) 567-4381 to obtain a replacement.
- Be sure to return equipment on or before the seven-month return date. If you lose your paperwork or did not receive it, please call Lending Hands at (269) 567-4381 for a copy of your paperwork.
You may contact us by telephone at (269) 567-4381 or by email at email@example.com.
Lending Hands can provide a speaker for your next meeting to talk about our organization and how we work to help others. We have given presentations to community groups, service clubs, church groups, health care groups and more. Call our office at (269) 567-4381 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a speaker and presentation.